Below is a list of forms you might need to access while a student in the College of Nursing. Not seeing what you need? If you are an undergraduate student, please contact your academic advisor. If you are a graduate student, please contact your faculty advisor.

Undergraduate Forms

Course Enrollment Permission Form


To be used by students attempting to add a course that falls under the following conditions:

  • Added after the first Friday of the semester
  • Course requires instructor permission
  • Adding a course that is currently at capacity
  • Entering a course for which the student does not have the required prerequisites

This form must be signed by all required instructors or department personnel prior to submitting it to the college office. 

Grade Forgiveness

Effective autumn semester 205, students can petition to repeat a course and if approved use the grade of this course to replace the first in the calculation of the student's cumulative GPA. There are conditions that must be met in order to submit a petition: 

  • The student must have earned a letter grade (A-E) in the course to be forgiven.
  • The student must not have previously repeated the course to be forgiven.
  • The student must not have already used the Grade Forgiveness rule for three or more courses. 

The petition to use the Grade Forgiveness rule must be submitted in consultation with the student's academic advisor to the college of enrollment by the fourth Friday of the term in which they will repeat the course. Approvals will be processed and added to student records after the tenth Friday of the term. 

Curriculum Petition Form

This form has multiple uses. Please consult with your academic advisor for assistance in completing this form. In general, undergraduates can submit this form to request a course be considered to fulfill a General Education requirement on a student's degree audit that is not currently listed, to request a leave of absence, or to alter the sequence or timing of the required coursework. When completing this form:

  • Explain the request
  • Provide reasons for the request 

Application to Graduate

To be completed by students and submitted at least six months prior to your expected graduation date

Commencement Ceremony Excused Form

To be completed by students who are not planning to attend the Commencement ceremony. This should be completed and submitted at least two weeks prior to the date of Commencement.

Name Change Form

To be completed when a student has a life event resulting in a name change that needs to be updated with Ohio State. This form should be submitted to the University Registrar's Office.

Petition for Reactivation

This form is to be used by students who have been on a Leave of Absence from the University for more than one semester (excluding summer) and want to return to our program.

Petition for Reinstatement

This form is to be used when a student has been academically dismissed from a program and wants to petition to re-enroll.

FERPA Release

This form is used to allow the dissemination of a student's academic information to an individual other than the student. Without this signed form, University officials cannot share personal academic record information with anyone other than the student.

Senior Petition

Current senior nursing students in good academic standing can request to enroll in eligible Graduate Level Nursing courses. Eligible courses for Senior Petition are:

  • Nursing 7500 Health Policy and Advocacy
  • Nursing 7438 Quality Improvement and Informatics

Students are required to receive instructor permission for Senior Petition. Students interested in Senior Petition should discuss this with their advisor before obtaining instructor permission.

Please Note:

  • Enrollment in the course must take place no later than the first Friday of the semester or session. No Senior Petition enrollments will be accepted after the first Friday. 
  • The grades a student earns through Senior Petition are factored into his or her curriculum undergraduate GPA. However, the hours are not counted towards the number of hours earned for an undergraduate degree per the rules of our program. Additionally, the hours cannot be used towards the 12 credit hours needed to be full time. 
  • The grades a student earns through Senior Petition are factored into his or her cumulative graduate GPA once admitted to a graduate program at the College of Nursing. The hours are counted towards the number of hours earned for a graduate degree, per the rules of our program. The student must be sure to request that the course be transferred to their graduate program once accepted. 
  • Instructor permission does not guarantee entrance into the course, there must be space available and priority is given to current graduate students. 

Consortium Agreement (RN to BSN)

A consortium agreement is a binding agreement between eligible schools which enables a student to receive various types of aid from Ohio State while being enrolled as a visiting student at another school. Ohio State is considered the student's home school, and the visiting school is referred to as the host school. The host school must be an approved Title IV school (have a federal Title IV school code and can process federal financial aid). School eligibility can be verified online at

Fresh Start

If a student has not been enrolled at the university for five or more years, the student can petition to return under the provisions of the Fresh Start Rule. While all courses the student has taken will remain on their permanent record, only courses in which a C- or higher was received will be counted for credit. Other coursework will not be counted for credit, towards any requirement, or toward graduation. The student will return to Ohio State with a recalculated cumulative GPA of 0.00. Students must complete a minimum of two terms and 30 credit hours after using the Fresh Start Rule before being eligible to graduate. Students considering applying to graduate or professional schools, or to other undergraduate programs at Ohio State: These schools and programs, as part of their admission review process, may look at all grades and recalculate the original grade(s) into the cumulative GPA. Students should contact their academic advisor to complete this form and for addition information.

Changing Out of Pre-Nursing

If you plan to pursue a new major outside of the College of Nursing, you will need to contact the advising office in the college offering your new major.  The advising office for the new major will provide detailed information about the major change process into the new program. You will be assigned a new advisor and your academic file will be updated to reflect your new major by your new advisor. 

You are not required to inform the advising team in the College of Nursing of your plans to change to a new major. Please visit the undergraduate website for contact information of all majors offered at the university.


Graduate Forms

Grad Forms

This portal is utilized by graduate students to submit various petitions and applications, including the application to graduate. Assistance with Grad Forms is available through your Graduate Program Manager or through the Graduate School.